Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-5 of 5 Results
  1. The Queen & Bee Breeding
    Considering an II queen for breeding... I was wondering if anyone on here has used an AI/II Carnica, from 'Two Rivers Honey Bees'. Owned by Shibu Raj, and based in Nashville Tn. And if so, what are your thoughts...
  2. Equipment/Hardware
    I enjoy my winter projects....my hive tool pouch project, german hive bottom project, bee funnel and shook swarm box and now the timing box project. This is used for getting queens to lay on a specific frame for a set amount of time so you will always have handy correct age larvae to graft...
  3. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone, Been into beekeeping on and off for over 8 years. Started back up late fall last year with 2 nuc's. And have 30 10 frame hives ready, and building more. I'm going to focus on queen rearing. I read everything i get my hands on. And watch a lot of videos. I have taken 3 classes on...
  4. New Member Introductions
    Hello, I'm Jason Foley of Des Moines, Iowa. I've been beekeeping for a number of years and have maintained only Russian Bees from certified members of the RHBA. In recent years the local clubs have been interested in the luck I've had and prompted me to start making queens and nucs for them...
  5. The Queen & Bee Breeding
    I figure I want an observation hive, and I want a breeder queen to have limited laying space so she lasts longer. Can you combine the two with good results? (I'm thinking 6 deep frames) If I made an observation hive with an easy-access door so I could put in and remove comb for her to lay up...
1-5 of 5 Results