Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-6 of 6 Results
  1. Diseases and Pests
    Increased Tolerance and Resistance to Virus Infections: A Possible Factor in the Survival of Varroa destructor-Resistant Honey Bees (Apis mellifera) The honey bee ectoparasitic mite, Varroa destructor, has a world-wide distribution and inflicts more damage than all other known apicultural...
  2. Everything Honey
    Tualang Honey Improves Human Corneal Epithelial Progenitor Cell Migration and Cellular Resistance to Oxidative Stress In Vitro Stem cells with enhanced resistance to oxidative stress after in vitro expansion have been shown to have improved engraftment and regenerative capacities. Such cells can...
  3. Diseases and Pests
    An Amino Acid Substitution (L925V) Associated with Resistance to Pyrethroids in Varroa destructor The Varroa mite, Varroa destructor, is an important pest of honeybees and has played a prominent role in the decline in bee colony numbers over recent years. Although pyrethroids such as...
  4. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Does one build up a resistance to stings over time, and does that resistance fade away year to year unless you get stung semi-regularly? If so, what have you found to be your general limit to where the stings start to become less and less? (My goal is to go inside my hives will fully graceful...
  5. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hello all! I have heard that with enough stings your body stops reacting to stings in the same way (less or no swelling). I also read that getting 10 to 12 stings a year is not enough to help you build up this resistance. How often do you need to be stung to start to "get used" to getting...
1-6 of 6 Results