Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-10 of 10 Results
  1. Swarms, Trap-outs, and Cut-outs
    I am doing Cone Trap out in brick wall. Does cone go directly into the bait hive? most of the videos I have seen have the cone placed next to the bait hive. Also, what exactly do I need to do to the tip of the cone to make it impossible for the bees to get back in? Do you rough it up so the...
  2. Beekeeping 101
    Hello, Never had an interest in bee keeping until a swarm took up residence in a column at our house. I'm in north Texas (DFW area) and we're starting to see near freezing temps overnight and day temps from mid 40s to mid 60s+. I've read about the Hogan trapout and a couple other methods to...
  3. Swarms, Trap-outs, and Cut-outs
    I figured I would post this in case there is someone local to the area that wants to investigate this further. I received a call from a pest control company for a honey bee removal. The location of the removal is about an hour away from me so not ideal for a huge time investment. I went and...
  4. Swarms, Trap-outs, and Cut-outs
    Is there a preferred way to fill and/or seal a hole in a tree after removing the bees? Searching Google, it seems the most popular method is to use some sort of screen covered by mortar/cement/plaster. However, in a northern climate, I think that would develop cracks within a year or so...
  5. General Bee Forum Discussions
    My question is, has anyone ever started a bee tree on their property on purpose in order to draw bees and start new colonies? Ok, so right now I'm trapping two trees using Hogan traps. I introduced brood, and now have Queen cells. I brought 10 deeps back to my home apiary and hoping they will...
  6. Beekeeping 101
    Hi all, I've read enough about trapouts and watched YT videos enough times to have gained enough courage to try trapouts. I knew of 2 bee trees through the entire Winter and waited until Spring to try them. Spring is getting close. Just a few minutes ago I found another bee tree (within 1,000...
  7. Swarms, Trap-outs, and Cut-outs
    Hi everyone, I tried to post a thread yesterday, but somehow it got lost, probably because of my typing between the keys. Today I see that jsbyers posted with a question almost identical to the idea I had. So I'll follow the answers to his post with great interest. Thanks js. I probably...
  8. Swarms, Trap-outs, and Cut-outs
    Two days ago I noticed a swarm crawling in to a hole in my house. Listening very carefully, I think I have found the bees under the floor in my daughters room. (I can actually hear them walking around). After talking to various people who said they couldn't help and that the easiest solution...
  9. Swarms, Trap-outs, and Cut-outs
    Finished trapout. The hive was in the block for several years. I found bees entering at the bottom of the first floor, and entering at the top of the 2nd floor. Who knows how big the actual hive was. The 2nd super was because they filled it with honey so fast. The 3rd was when I brought...
  10. Swarms, Trap-outs, and Cut-outs
    We are relatively new beeks, but we have a friend who wants us to remove a hive from a crawlspace that is relatively 8 to 10 inches. This seems to be an enormous hive. They also get relatively hot whenever you bother the hive. It has been in place for two years or there about. The owners are...
1-10 of 10 Results