Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-12 of 12 Results
  1. Recipes
    I put a lot of work into these recipe videos!!! I really hope you enjoy!! It's a wholesome meal and a healthy snack :D https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8iTvavAOzBJ6gTu-ZaMjC0Rsm7wdUIjI
  2. General Bee Forum Discussions
    In 1987, state agriculture inspectors found the bee-killing varroa mites in a Winter Garden hive, according to Sentinel archives. The mites decimated bee colonies across the state, and by 2006, the number of registered beekeepers dropped to about 670, says David Westervelt, chief apiary...
  3. Recipes
    I’ve always loved baklava, but here’s my first try at making it. And, of course, it’s honey baklava. The only picture I managed to take won’t win any awards, but the taste was amazing. Make sure you set aside at least a couple hours for this one, and a good helper (I had my 5 year-old...
  4. General Bee Forum Discussions
    After doing some research on o/w (oil in water) emulsions it seemed to me that the soy lecithin granules should be incorporated into the oil first... I posed the question to a professional in the food and beverage industry and I received the following reply: There's some experimenting to be...
  5. Diseases and Pests
    Took some time this morning and played around with HBH recipes I have seen. I stopped buying it years ago because of the price. The typical ones you see floating around make about a quart size portion and the consistency and color aren't the same. I have a batch that is pretty darn close. I...
  6. Recipes
    I recently made a video showing how to make some beeswax lip balm in the quickest and easiest way possible. Using only 3 ingredients, you can make lip balm in your microwave in under 5 mins. 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil 1 Tbsp Beeswax 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
  7. General Bee Forum Discussions
    4 oz lemongrass 4 oz spearmint 70 oz sugar water (3 parts sugar 1 part water) 5 tsp lecithin granules 4 oz warm water Combine lecithin and warm water let sit for an hour. Blend with 2 cups warm sugar water Cool to room temp Add oils and blend on high for one minute. Add cool sugar water...
  8. Recipes
    This is a great recipe that is very easy to make for a simple honey candy. It can also be used as a throat drop in place of cough drops and works wonderfully. Enjoy! Ingredients 2 c. sugar 1/2 c. water 1/2 c. honey 1/4 c. butter Directions Put all the ingredients in heavy pan and cook...
  9. Recipes
    From time to time, someone asks how to make creamed honey. By this, I mean honey that is intentionally crystallized so it has a very fine, creamy grain. (I'm not talking about honey butter, meaning liquid honey + butter blended together into a spreadable mixture.) I found a beautifully made...
  10. Diseases and Pests
    Hey all, Listened to a speaker on Honey B Healthy a few days ago. The talk really caught my interests, and the claims being made caught my attention. But alot of what was being said didnt have any science to back it. Most all the claims were being made from personal and antedotal...
  11. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Looking for the homemade receipe for HBH. Good stuff but to expensive.
  12. General Bee Forum Discussions
    i was wondering if anyone has used honey bee healthy or products like that, or if you have personal recipes that you use. also what results you've had using it?
1-12 of 12 Results