Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 93 Results
  1. Post Your Swarm Dates
    March 30, 2022, First Swarm Was Caught - We Will See About This Year. This was it, going for the Lowes 5-gallon bucket.
  2. General Bee Forum Discussions
    A message from Thorne Mfg. "We are in the process of designing the smaller extractor that we have mentioned a few times over the past months. We want to hear from all of you that are in the market for a smaller unit, which of the following size would best suit your needs. All the options listed...
  3. New Member Introductions
    Hello everyone. My name is Ercan Kurt. I am writing to you from Turkey🇹🇷. I greet you all with respect and love. I am 41 years old and I have been beekeeping for about 24+ years. I am planning a Beekeeping Investment with 1,000 - 1200 bee colonies in your country. In addition, I developed...
  4. New Member Introductions
    Accessible Beekeeping and Dr. Brian Wentz (Shippensburg University) 1st Annual Exploratory Survey of Beekeeping and Disabilities (All Beekeepers are asked to participate in the survey) Dr. Brian Went (an Information Systems Professor and Accessibility Researcher with Shippensburg...
  5. Diseases and Pests
    Hi everyone, I am a content creator along with my friend on youtube and we have a channel called INTEC. Our first video that we recently posted is about the isssues that bees face and what has been done to alleviate those issues. It is the first video of a two-part series. My friend and I really...
  6. New Member Introductions
    Hi, I am currently a third year student studying Fashion Communication and Promotion at Nottingham Trent University. I am doing my dissertation on red lipstick and have found myself researching into the threat bees currently face. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to talk to me about...
  7. General Bee Forum Discussions
    With regards to beekeeping, numerous new beekeepers have questions, explicitly about Honey. One inquiry we hear most is, "When will I get nectar and what do I need to extricate it from the hive?" Usually, you will not get nectar your first year of beekeeping, as the honey bees need all their...
  8. New Member Introductions
    Hello, I hope I am not breaking any rules here. My name is Brandon and I have been working for a beekeeping company called Bee Safe Bee Removal (https://www.beesafebeeremoval.com) that has been operating for over 20 years. We were told by some local beekeepers in Dallas, Texas about the...
  9. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hi there! I am looking to start an apiary at my school, Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota. We are located very close to Mankato. I was wondering if anyone in the area or even online is willing to be a sort of mentor for this process? We have never had bees on campus before, and...
  10. The Practical Beekeeper
    I call this my "Tom Sawyer" bee camp. What I want is for you to come and do my bee work and pay me for it. But, of course I hope you get to learn a lot about how I keep bees in the process. Seriously it is how I hope to get somewhat caught up on bee work while teaching at the same time. For...
  11. Top Bar & Horizontal Hive Forum
    First of all, please excuse my ignorance if I use wrong bee keeping terms. I really will try not to embarrass myself, although it will be hard. We received a small swarm of bees back on June 8th of this year. They had been in a nuc box for 2 weeks prior to us receiving them. The comb they had...
  12. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hi Guys, Does anyone here place their bees at a hotel or other "non-agricultural" location? Just exploring for myself and other beeks I know.
  13. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hi Guys, Does anyone here place their bees at a hotel or other "non-agricultural" location? Just wondering and exploring for myself. -Austin
  14. Member Classifieds
    Hello Everyone, I won't get into too many details but I am no longer able to manage and properly take the time to be a beekeeper thanks to a new job, relocation, and new born. These numbers are about 98% accurate. I am looking to move everything as I do not have time to meet people to part...
  15. New Member Introductions
    Hallo everyone from Greece.Check out my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVhRngn0V1to2pQNUYr3NBg .We have many different methods to product honey.Check it and if you like, subscribe for more!
  16. Member Classifieds
    http://www.xstarpublishing.com/#BeekeepingNaturally Beekeeping Naturally: A Simple Recipe, by Michael Bush Details: $20 Paperback 6 x 9 in. B&W 214 pages 75 illustrations. This book is a simple recipe for beekeeping naturally. Rather than offer all possible choices I am offering a recipe based...
  17. General Bee Forum Discussions
    https://mailchi.mp/97e2d87315a7/covid-19-and-beekeeping-ny-bee-wellness?e=a766082de2 Contents: Beekeeping & Covid-19 NYS Ag & Mkts statement Latest from the Governors office Charts about Covid19 Beekeepers in China National Colony Report 2019 Hexagon Button...
  18. General Bee Forum Discussions
    At 10k subs in under a year. It is very humbling. There is so much in the world of bees to learn and Laurel and I can't say thank you enough for contributing to our youtube and facebook bee family and we hope to continue to help straighten out some of the learning curves out of the greatest...
  19. Member Classifieds
    When I tracked down this book, I was looking for "The Hopkins Method of Queen Rearing" in Hopkin's own words. When I found it and read it, I found so much more. Hopkins was a very practical beekeeper, and not just an academic beekeeper. The Australasian Bee Manual was probably the most...
  20. Member Classifieds
    Perhaps you know that I have written a book but maybe you haven't realized or thought about the fact that it's available in several languages. Maybe you know someone who would like to see it in French, or German, or Spanish or Portuguese? It is also available as an ebook. Also, my web site is...
1-20 of 93 Results