Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-9 of 9 Results
  1. Beekeeping 101
    Its my first year, I’ve had my proper amount of freaking out over things that were normal. So I really hope this is just one of those cases. I check my hive every two weeks. Ive seen what I assume is just regular bee behavior. But this inspection I came across this specific frame. Its much less...
  2. Beekeeping 101
    Hi Everyone, First time beekeeper here. My wbc hive and colony is doing great. However, just doing my weekly check and there is a raised circle of cells on one of the brood frames that has honey coming out of it (once were capped, now uncapped) with bees surrounding and eating the honey. This...
  3. The Queen & Bee Breeding
    just wondering why the bees would tear down some of the capped queen cell in my finisher hive? We used the MP method described in the thread, My cell building methods. The first picture is from the day we reassembled the hive and the second picture is from last night when we removed the cells to...
  4. Want To Buy
    Still looking for some queens or queens cells early March. First week of March would be nice. I know no California breeders will have mated queens then, bu i'll use cells if you have them or can tell me where to get them
  5. General Bee Forum Discussions
    What is this cell between a deep and a super? It's in a funny place. Just a drone, supercedure, Q-cell? Thank you for your help.
  6. General Bee Forum Discussions
    Hi All! Hive (): 2 deep brood supers (9 1/8" frames), I added 1 shallow (6 1/4") honey super (w/excluder) in June or July, hoping to give them more space. I built the body's, bottom, and cover with Cedar 2byXs, and purchased frames, if that could have anything to do with it. Location: Colorado...
  7. The Queen & Bee Breeding
    Why would ANYONE want to split a healthy swarm?! It's madness! IMO it should never be done, but I have a dilemma... I have a dying colony I call Kawa Bees, apis mellifera western bees, with 4 queen cells and a very healthy Japanese bee swarm of apis cerana japonica, a subspecies of honeybee...
  8. General Bee Forum Discussions
    It appears to me that the queen of the swarm I captured a couple of weeks ago must not have made it. I come to this decision based on the attached images which I just took. I don't think a queen would lay multiple eggs per cell and it appears that is what I am looking at. I was unable to find...
  9. Beekeeping 101
    Its been 12 days since I started my first hive and I have a few things I need help with! 1st: how long should it take to see caped cells? is 12 days too soon, am I freaking out over nothing? 2nd: How long should I feed them sugar water for? summer is in full swing here and there alot of...
1-9 of 9 Results