Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

maintenance and cleaning the Little Wonder

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Julie Gade 
#1 ·
Is anyone familiar with this hand operated Little Wonder extractor?
No manual for maintenance.
Is the inside basket that holds the frames removable?
How do I clean?
Sorry if silly question.....newby.
Thanks, Julie

#3 · (Edited)
Welcome to Beesource!

The Little Wonder is sold by Dadant, and they say it comes with a manual. The do offer replacement manuals at this page:
https://www.dadant.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1338

The basket almost certainly is removable. Most likely, the basket rotates on top of a single steel ball in the bottom of the tank, and once you deal with the crank mechanism, the basket can be lifted out.

:D I see Mike and I posted at about the same time. A small detail, but I noticed our links are different. Mine is to the manual for the "manual" version, Mike's link is to the manual for the "power" version. :D

#5 ·
Thanks to both...I will look into the new manual and appreciate your response. The crank mechanism has been removed and thought the basket would lift out as you indicate but it doesn't and don't want to force it. The extractor is about 25 to 30 years old and hasn't been used in as many years, yet for the experience of first bee project, seemed appropriate. Again, thanks to both for the links and reply!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.