Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

sourcing yeast

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tim Hall 
#1 ·
I'm having trouble finding Lalvin DV10. None of the local brewing suppliers carry it or the Red Star near equivalent (Epernay). I can't seem to Google any online suppliers that carry it either. Does anyone have a good source for this stuff?

#2 ·
Epernay II is now called Cotes des Blanc and can be found a lot of places. How it differs from what you're after I don't know. I have some batches with Cotes des Blanc going. They claim it's a slow fermenter and that might be an uderstatement.

#6 ·
Are you needing a specific yeast? What is so special about DV10? Different yeasts give different characters some dryer some sweeter etc.
I know Williams Brewing (http://www.williamsbrewing.com/search.cfm) has some yeasts for Mead. In the old days(only 10 years ago actually) they just used wine and champagne yeasts. I like the chamagne style so I comes out sparkling!!!
You may try "Kraus" in Independance,MO also(dont know the web address) they have alot of wine/mead making supplies. Happy Mead making:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.