Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Sunflower pollination

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Honey-4-All 
#1 ·
I'm getting a contact offered to pollinate sunflowers what are the dos and nots while having bees on this crop and how much should I charge per hive?

#6 ·
of all the crops a beekeeper should be concerned about, Sunflowers probably tops the list...
up here, the confectionery type, the type that they want pollination on, requires two applications of insecticide AS PER CONTRACT !

I have not pulled sunflower honey for years, except for one yard. A grower stubbornly using one of the old varieties.

#8 ·
Not sure who edited my statement above in #3. Its not what I wrote. Actually it was not edited..Not at all. It was gutted to the point of being worthless.

Whoever did has no clue that the warning that I posted ought to be highly considered and heeded. Good luck Father and Son. Hope you saw it.

Between the spray and the fact the warning I posted on here was deleted your going to come out on the short end of this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.