Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

buck shoals winery

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Swobee 
#1 ·
hey, i got to try buck shoals new apple cyser. it tasted like an apple pie with the spices that they used. just thought ya'll might be interested

#4 · (Edited)
I was going to guess cinnamon, but there are other spices that will make the deal. The International Mead Fest. wasn't really held this year. There was some judging and competition, but the celebratory things along with that didn't happen. Lack of sponsors was the bottom line. Maybe next year! I plan to go in '09 if it works out with my schedule. A person should be able to learn a lot at a meeting like that and pick up some recipes and ideas to improve or fine tune flavors.

#6 ·
The International Mead Fest. wasn't really held this year. There was some judging and competition, but the celebratory things along with that didn't happen. Lack of sponsors was the bottom line. Maybe next year! I plan to go in '09 if it works out with my schedule. .
Lack of help to organize it really. David at Redstone tried to get some partners to share in organizing and putting it on after Julia went to the AOB, but no one really stepped up. Plenty of sponsors and enthusiasm and promises, as he described it to me recently, but very little help with the heavy lifting. It's a bummer, Meadfest is one of the better outreach events in the area and even the industry.

#7 ·
Thanks for the Meadfest info, Ben. I'd sure like to go hopefully next year. A goal is to start up a personal meaderie here sometime in the next few years. I've been playing around with recipes and have so much to learn. Redstone is on my list of places to visit and hopefully yet this year. Maybe we'll meet up at Meadfest next year and can swap some stories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.