Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Can't find queen in my hives

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  GLOCK 
#1 ·
I can't see eggs in my hive, but I do see larvae, should I let it alone and wait for a while to see what happens? Unable to see eggs, bad eyesight..Dont know what to do now.

#3 ·
I'm a second year Beek, so I can't give you much experienced advice, but I can give you some 'been there, done that' advice. There have been several times when I've been in the same position as you and started to get a little panicky. But just give it some time, if your seeing larvae then most times your fine.

#6 ·
I am having the same problem on a swarm that I caught. I hadn't found the queen, but I put black plastic foundation in this hive and the eggs really stand out.

About the only way I see the eggs in my other hives is by looking at the pictures. Both of those queens were marked, so they are super easy to spot.

#7 ·
Beepop check out wood craft for magnifying glass. I got the head set two lenses ,there 29.00 dollars. Like you my sight not that good I got them for my wood carving ,but I wear them when I go in hive and they help me see those little eggs. he black Also use black plastic foundation in brood nest, the eggs stand out against the black. Heres web page. http://www.woodcraft.com/search2/search.aspx?query=magnifying glass

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.