Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Drawing out PF frames

6K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  RiodeLobo 
#1 ·
I put 5 frames each of Pf foundation in three hives on Sunday. I gave each hive a gallon of 1:2 syrup, because I mixed it wrong. It was suppose to be 1:1, but I forgot half of the sugar. Then I realized that I forgot to put wax on the foundation, So Monday night I wax some to swap them out with. I went into the hives today to swap the frames out, it was sunny and 62 degrees. Each hive had started drawing out on the surface of at least 70 percent of all 5 frames.

#9 ·
Re: Drawing ot PF frames

I buy them unwaxed because they are cheaper and put on my own known to be chemically free wax fresh. I would not recommend it but I have put on unwaxed ones while the bees were being heavily fed and the bees drew them out just fine.
Are Mann Lake's PF frames available unwaxed? I have never seen them advertised as such.

My bees draw them out just fine with no extra wax.

#12 ·
Re: Drawing ot PF frames

Vance I looked into the unwaxed although they were cheaper, shipping was not free on them. And the unwaxed ended up being more expensive after shipping was added.[/QUOTE ]
I bought several hundred of them and they shipped free at the time. The employees have some dickering room I believe. I also see shipping distance to your location is a lot further than to mine. Who knows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.