Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

queen bee found outside the hive

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  merince 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
Today morning I noticed a queen bee on the ground in front of one my hives, she was sufuring from cold and her wings were gone !
Should I check all the hives now for a queen presence?
Why would the bees throw her outside ?
Why she was allive but without wings?
Thank you.

#6 ·
After I found her, I picked her up and placed her on the top frames of the nearest hive, two worker bees started to
Groom her but she was weak and didn't move, so I closed the hive and after one hour I oppend again but she wasn't there were I left it. I'll check that hive tomorrow to see if it stills there .

#8 ·
i have checked all of my hives today and none of them was queenless, they all had new laid eggs.
now in Israel we have Autumn and the brood nest is expanding again after a hard dry hot summer.
we have Inula and carob trees blossom on right now.
the problem is that we have cold nights so if i would give them more frames to expand there will be a risk
that some brood will not be covered by bees at night and will die from cold as it happened to me the last year.
So the queen that i found on the ground in the past few days, was surely superseded by her colony, or it may come from another apiary.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.