Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Need Some support

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Alleybeez 
#1 ·
I am a first time beekeeper that is exploring with a Warre...picking up my bees this week and already facing the scrootany of nay-sayers and the "inevitable" doom of doing something different.

#3 · (Edited)
#7 ·
If you get a chance, look around at the other bee clubs. I've noticed around here one club will be unmovable and a club in the next county over will embrace all methods of keeping. I guess I'm spoiled in my club. The vice president of the club keeps nothing but Top Bars, some members have a Warres next to Langs in their apriary. I think the key to our success is that no one judges or bad mouths another's keeping method. That's not what it is about, our main focus is the welfare of the honey bee. We all have questions and concerns and know no one has the all the answers. We listen to each others successes and share whatever answers we can find to our failures.

#10 ·
I'm a first-timer, too, and started with a Warre in April. Being the only Warre hive around, the problem I've run into is that any of our other bee friends give Langstroth answers to Warre questions. Stick to forums like this and spend lots of time on the internet. Trust your intuition; trust your bees.

#11 ·
Hey mama, I too am in the same boat, first year first hive int 30 years and doing it in the city. The forums are great and read a lot. And when you get flack just act like you know what you are doing, give em a knowing, but not quite condescending look, a little laugh, and tell em that Warre's philosophical approach to beekeeping better with how you have chosen to live your life. No one knows what to do with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.