Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Pure russians and certified breeders

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Barry Digman 
#1 · (Edited)
Edited.....Although legitimate questions, I do not want some to misinterpret my comments. or apply some intentions.

Perhaps another day. :)

#2 ·
I don't think there's any mystery about who will be vetting Russian breeders...

The Russian Honeybee Breeders Association received its' Articles of Incorporation in 2007 and held its' first annual meeting on November 1st, 2007, in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The purpose of the association is to maintain and improve the various lines of Russian honeybees through propagation and selective breeding. All members are required to contribute to this extensive effort.
The initial Board of Directors of the group is made up of Charles Harper, CRADA holder and cooperator with the USDA Russian bee program, as well as Hubert Tubbs and Manley Bigalk, also both longtime cooperators with this program. As other members begin to contribute to the maintainence and selection of the various lines of bees these members will be certified by the Board of Directors as Russian Honeybee Breeders.
Collectively, all involved are pleased with the number of participants and their level of commitment. With many participants focused on this effort we anticipate even more rapid improvement in these bees.
For further information contact Vice President Hubert Tubbs
Here's the application. It looks to me like the kind of requirements that set the bar high enough that they'll keep the wannabees out of the loop, and provide the consumer with a pretty good level of assurance that the Russian queens they're buying are good stock. In fact, the application looks like it would provide a pretty good framework for anyone wanting to start a queen breeders association.

http://www.russianbreeder.org/application.html

#3 ·
Big words, big business, regulations, deception and price fixing. Just a few to start with.

Wanna bees come and go and being a part of an association does not a better person make nor a bee.

Open mating is open mating is open mating. There is a wrong way and a better way. Anyone with the ambition to do so can be as successful as anyone else. Their success lies in the finished product.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.