Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

PVC Soap Mold

17K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Kristen beck 
#1 ·
Thought I would share.

3" toilet flange + 2" Rubber Cap + 2' x 2" PVC Pipe + 2 pieces 2" Pipe Insulation = Soap Mold

See less See more
#3 ·
I tried using PVC as a molt a little while back. I used olive oil to hopefully keep the soap from sticking to the mold. Didn't work. Ended up having to cut the pipe up to get the soap out. What do you use keep the soap from sticking, and how do you get the soap out of the mold? Also, what is the insulation for?

#5 ·
I use PVC all the time. I used to try to brush the inside with mineral oil for an easy release. If you put the tube in the freezer for a little while it will separate a bit from the sides. I turn my PVC pipe over so that the filled end is up and whack it a few times with a rubber mallet. I don't even bother to try to oil the inside anymore.
Good luck!

#7 ·
This is the only type of mold i like using for my goatmilk honey soap. the easiest to cut, you get a straight round bar every time. the best wrap for a round bar is a coffee filter. I use the brown ones, put the bar in the center, cup your hand around the pleats and fold down, place your label on the pleats and voala, beautifully wrapped and ready to sell. I don't make bar soap(square) i am incapable of cutting one straight so i just resorted to the round ones plus the wrapping is so cheap!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.