Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Mann Lake Testimonial

19K views 34 replies 29 participants last post by  Michael B 
#1 ·
I have ordered from Mann Lake for several years and they always get it done. I also order items from Dadant and Western Bee but ML is hard to beat. I ordered $800.00 worth of ritecell foundation and a few nuc boxes from them on Monday of this week. Total weight was over 365 lbs, 9 individual boxes were delivered via UPS today ! Quite frankly I don't know how they do this. Needless to say there was no need to shop around to try to beat this deal. Their prices on plastic foundation and frames are excellent and with the free shipping its a great deal. Many times I have ordered items from Western Bee and the shipping is almost as much as the cost of the items. I have a larger order to place next week for some boxes but I needed the foundation right away. Those of you who live nearby a manufacturer and can pick up your stuff to avoid freight are lucky.

#2 ·
Re: Mann Lake Testomonial

Mann lake does have great service. I wonder if they will ship surface freight? If they will, you would be amazed how much money you will save by picking up your stuff at the local freight terminal. Western Bee does it and it makes their woodware about unbeatable.

#3 ·

Mann Lake does ship freight direct to my house. Actually I asked them to use UPS as I was going to be out of town next week and wouldn't be there to meet the driver. They said no problem. I got a quote on 50 med. shallows and some other misc. items from Western Bee and they quoted me over $165 for freight. The price on their boxes is less than ML but not after you add in that freight.

#4 ·

My Mann-Lake orders have increased in size over the years. The free shipping amazes me and makes me happy.
Two years running, I've had a SpeeDee Delivery tractor/trailer dropping of pallets of stuff at the end of my driveway. If you don't have a loading dock, make sure that you ask for a truck with a lift gate when you place your order. In this photo, the lift gate was damaged the day before and we unloaded by hand. The driver insisted on helping.

Wood Lumber Hardwood Wall Log cabin

#5 ·

Couple of notes.

If you see the new wherehouse in Woodland you would realize they ain't broke or going that way at all currently.

As I can attest from shipping package bees the discounts one receives from UPS for high $ volume is very high. Some years we get back over 35% of the "basic" published rates. Not sure what ML charges for UPS but its my guess is that the $100.00 and under crowd might even be subsidizing the big purchases.

They make money on volume......... simple enough.

#6 ·

I order almost everything from Mann Lake anymore, except for the occasional oddball item that they don't carry. They get my orders to me faster than any other supplier, and even though their prices increased a little bit when they started offering free shipping, they are still cheaper than anyone else once once you add in the price of shipping. I've never had a bad experience with ML.

#11 ·

I order almost everything from Mann Lake anymore, except for the occasional oddball item that they don't carry. -snip-
Me too. Was sad to order NUC inner covers, telescoping covers and queen excluders from another supplier last night. I have found ML quality and consistency on par with other major suppliers. :)

#7 ·

Nothing but kudos for them from me. I placed an order on Friday and met the UPS man in my driveway today. Happy Valentines day to me. A small order compared to some on here, 200 frames, 200 sheets of pierco, a few wax molds and some queen grafting tools and about a dozen excluders. Very well packaged and 'free shipping' to boot on nearly a 300 pound order. Saving up for some Maxant stuff now.

#16 ·

No free lunch? I bought a 19 frame extractor from man lake. Three things I would like to point out. #1 cost less than the competitors. #2 Free shipping - packaged on a pallet with a wooden frame all around, competitors will charge to crate it and to ship it. #3 it arrived quickly and right to my front door. so All in all I svaed a couple hundred bucks, so I think I can now afford a free lunch or two....:) and then with the " bee bucks" I got from them I turned around and bought a bunch of pollen patties and they were shipped free too...... another free lunch... for the bee's

#18 ·

Yes, Mann Lake is exceptional, I cannot believe how fast my order arrives, and right at my door. No tracking it down at the post office, trying to match the time they are open to my work schedule. I have done a lot of price checking and their items are cheaper even before the free shipping.

#20 ·

Mann Lake has always done me right! Can't beat the free shipping. I am about two hours from Brushy Mountain. But you figure the gas and sales tax, Mann Lake any day!

#21 ·

One of the biggest things I like about Mann Lake is the ease in re-ordering. Once you get your account established you can look at past invoices and just hit the reorder button. It's a simple, but effective device to keep everything consistent such as frames and foundation for supers. I have used both Mann Lake and Dadant, but for ease of use and great service I pick Mann Lake. I do have a Dadant supply house about 2 hours away, but like beehonest states, after time and gas...

#23 ·

I guess Mann Lake works out pretty good for big orders. The only experience I had with them was ordering through Amazon a box of frames and Ritecell foundation. It took them about two weeks to ship, which was expected from the reviews on Amazon. The foundation was kind of disappointing though. The only brand I used before was Pierco and after using it Ritecell was kind of a put down. There was barely any wax on it at all. I had to buy a pound of wax and wax it myself. Later on, reading comparisons of different foundations, I found out that bees prefer Pierco to Ritecell

#25 ·
I've been using Mann Lake since I started a few years ago and I am quite happy with their prices and terms. Their Northern California facility has moved across the freeway from where it was located and I go there when I need supplies that might not be covered with free shipping. Glass containers come to mind. It's not very far away; I'm very lucky to have an equipment supplier so close!!

"If you see the new wherehouse in Woodland you would realize they ain't broke or going that way at all currently."--sure seems they do a ton of 'commercial' business, doesn't it?

The new showroom/retail shop is great! It seemed to contain a lot more products on shelves than the older shop, which made browsing nice. There was an area where all the extracting/bottle machines are located!!

#26 ·
I like a few other suppliers that I have tried but Mann Lake has really impressed me with consistent deliveries and good quality and nice customer service. The website is easy and the free shipping rocks. I'm glad that they are getting good press with this thread. They have earned it.

#27 ·
Done a lot of business with Mann Lake, and generally been happy. Be warned, though, they can be slow to ship as compared to other suppliers. Put an order in last Sunday....still waiting for it to ship.

#29 ·
I haven't gotten a response from them yet. They seem to be having issues of late. Contrast that with Better Bee. I had to pay for shipping, but I ordered on Friday and it was on my doorstep Tuesday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.