Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Mating flights

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  minz 
#1 ·
How many days after emergence does the queen go out on mating flights?

#6 ·
if the weather is faverable for mating 5 to 7 days after emerging she will mate then i will find eggs as early as 9 days to 12 days after she emeraged but if weather holds them back it may be a few more days now this is using mini nuc.

I have noticed in a larger nuc like a deep 5 frame your looking at about 2 weeks before you will see any eggs if all things go wright.

#7 ·
Well my queens better get their rears out there on the street and start making me some money! They should have emerged on last Saturday, Looking at 90's (unseasonably warm) for the next few days and then to a high of 67 on Monday. Found this thread from a Yahoo search. I must not be doing it correct on the search page.

#8 ·
Found this thread from a Yahoo search. I must not be doing it correct on the search page.
If you are referring to the Advanced Search accessed by clicking on the link at top right of each forum page, that is not the best choice. Instead, use the Google Custom Search (upper left) on the Beesource home page. (Or click below to go there:)
http://www.beesource.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.