Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

im not ment to keep bees....

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Baldursson 
#1 ·
Went out to check the hive..checked my second brood comb and it fell off. I'd reattach but it was mush. Lay it on the bottom board or toss it? :(

#2 ·
If everyone quit when they made a mistake no one would keep bees:) I learned the hard way that I am deathly allergic to bee venom, but I lived to see another day...the great thing about bees is that they will get to work and make a lot more brood comb and lots of baby bees.....

Tomorrow is another day.

#4 ·
When I make a mistake I make a mental note not to do that again. I have lots of notes!

The bees think of me as the friendly idiot that shows up every so often to interfere with their normal activity.

#10 ·
Beekad I know exactly how you feel. I spent $135 each on 2 packages of bees. I installed on a Saturday evening and I watched them all fly away on Sunday afternoon. I know how it feels to make mistakes. I am doing a bit of re-engineering so I can cover my entrance with queen excluder and different amounts of reduction.

I will find some bees somewhere, and hopefully this year.

TC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.