Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Semi Load of Deeps headed to Florida

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Brad Bee 
#1 ·
#12 ·
I pay between $2.50 and 2.85 depending on the quality of the driver and the truck. Some drivers are worth paying extra, for the extra service ;)

That is not my Rig.

I do have a combination that I run, 26' flatbed truck and a 26' flatbed trailer that is the equivalent of a semi, but I have too much to ship to only use my own trucking. Also I would rather have my guys doing the intricate bee work and leave truckers to the over the road work.

We do not use strap boards. We do run 6 way pallets which do get a bit tighter for travel though. and you can crank down quite tight without hearing the crack, but it does happen.
Those strap boards have to add a lot of time to loading trucks.

Aaron

#13 ·
I will have to look to make sure but we had a semi trailer delivered on a step deck trailer and I'm almost certain we paid under $2.00 per mile. I thik it was $1.85 per mile from Colorado to AL. They may have had a load on the front step that cut the costs some, that I don't know. Our truck shop is not located on an interstate so there is no price break because of that. We did the unloading but the driver was helpful. He could back up, which is a nice change of pace for an over the road driver. He helped dolly down the trailer, slid his axles, basically anything I asked him to do. He was on our lot for about 2 hours and never asked us to rush, nor acted rushed. I know time is money for truckers but I don't like being rushed by the drivers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.