Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Swinger Trailer

16K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  EastSideBuzz 
#1 ·
I just bought a swinger 1k and would love to see what your trailers look like. Can you PM me pictures or post some pictures of them so I can get one built. If you have a set of drawings or a place on the west coast that made yours and can make mine please let me know.

#6 ·
I ended up buying one of these in a 14+4. http://www.loadtrail.com/detail.cfm?model=TD14&desc=Tilt Deck Gravity 14,000 Lb w/6" Channel Frame
Not so much because it's ideal for trailering a Swinger but because it is pretty versatile to use for a lot of things and you can even carry some pallets in front of the machine if need be. It's $1,000 less than the ones that A&O sell and it has two 7,000 lb. axles instead of 1 8,000 lb. axle. Of course the big trade off is its a bit oversized.

#10 ·
I have come to the conclusion that it is a good idea to always have an extra axle. Aside from the cost of tires, i have never found a downside to having the extra capacity. Sure, it's overkill most of the time, but I like not having to really be concerned with overloading a trailer.

#12 ·
Eastside I had a trailer made in Los Banos Ca. a shop their makes them they are mostly 2 axles and built to you swinger. I had mine built there and have been pleased with it it tows easily and backs up good it is easy to turn around in tight spaces I use a 1 tom chevy with 12 ft bed can haul 80 hives. So if you are interested you can contact me for a phone number to the shop.

#16 ·
Can someone PM me a picture of a purpose built Swinger trailer. Maybe the generic one is what people have built but, I think there are ones built especially for the Swingers. (And yes I know it is a funny word, just do a Google for swingerforklift.com)

I am thinking that it would look similar to the HB one at A&O http://www.hummerbee.com/hauler.html Looks like it is just the right size and would be shorter to turn with.

Thanks for the link to Jocobsen. I will check into that as well as having one built locally.

#18 ·
EastSideBuzz here are pictures of my trailer, starting from the front two views one standing back the other up close so you can see the tongue is adjustable then moving around the left side you can see how compact the trailer is (the one thing I would change is a little more space between the tires) we used torsion axles I would also put brakes on both axles and we used electric brakes works just fine.Then we move to the rear and you can see the ramps which drop down then when you load you back up and settle into the places for the tires to set then you lift the ramps up and they lay on your tires then you lower your forks down on them help to lock fork lift in place the last picture shows the bed of trailerit is open so mud will fall off. You asked how much it cost well what I spent was about 7 years ago or longer I am sure the cost has risen sense so you have to ask the for them to give you a estimate. Mine cost less than 5,000 back then. The place that did the work was in Los Banos, Ca. Heppner Precision Machine phone 209 826 6404. I cannot load pictures here but if you send me a PM with e-mail address I will reply with the pictures there. Tom

#19 ·
See post 11 Mike. It is built for the swingers, its the one Mark Brown sent me to. Lots of pictures if you want someone local to build it.

If you want to, you can come look at my trailer and take pictures. Sometimes it makes more sence when you see it foryourself. Scott

#21 ·
I have not seen the shipping invoice yet so I dont know the weight of the swinger. What is the weight I should expect to be moving around. Mine has the heavy bumper and the hive clamps. So I guess this is to you Trevor since yours looks just like mine, what does it weigh?

I cant wait until the truck gets here tomorrow. I cant wait to name it. :)

#22 ·
Transport Vehicle Soil Trailer Truck

Hey Mike, is this what you are looking for? Less than 5 minutes to load and head down the road. It is a tilt trailer. The back wheels of the forklift set between 2 square tubes. A chain is hooked across the hitch on the back of the forklift. Doesn't even need a binder to tighten the chain. The chain simply keeps the forklift from bouncing out of the 2 tubes that keeps it in place on trailer.

CES

#23 ·
View attachment 4716
Hey Mike, is this what you are looking for? Less than 5 minutes to load and head down the road. It is a tilt trailer. The back wheels of the forklift set between 2 square tubes. A chain is hooked across the hitch on the back of the forklift. Doesn't even need a binder to tighten the chain. The chain simply keeps the forklift from bouncing out of the 2 tubes that keeps it in place on trailer.

CES
Can you PM me or send me a link to more pictures closeups also. Would like to add that to my trailer build stock. Going to have one built. Keiths is a great one for quick on and off. Maybe I can get a few pic's from him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.