Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Beesource Hall of Fame - Who would you nominate?

19K views 92 replies 41 participants last post by  Moon 
#1 ·
I was reading some of the older Beesource threads today and wondered if there was a Beesource Hall of Fame, who would be inducted? I'll start with two whose contributions have lead to their names being permanently tied with the concept they introduced here.

"Mountain Camp" - the founder of the "Mountain Camp Method" of putting granulated sugar on top of a hive to supplement stores and get a colony through winter.

"D Coates" - the desiginer of "D Coates 5 frame nucs" (4 nucs from a single sheet of plywood).

Are there any other nominations?

#8 ·
Made a handhold jig today. Works great! I have built all of my equipment this year to prep for next season. I have built enough wooden ware for 25 colonies. 1 deep and three mediums each. I built everything from the screened bottom boards to the telescoping covers, and everything in between except for frames. I have about 7 dollars with tax in each hive. Oh yeah, bottom boards are solid red cedar, boxes are all cypress or sassafras. The do it yourself section on beesource is an awesome tool. Whoever came up with that idea should be nominated. I will only have about a grand wrapped up in 25 hives vs. the $4,000.00 or so it would have cost me if I ordered everything out of a catalog. That's not including bees if I decide to buy those. Michael Bush's book also galvanized my thinking of letting the bees do what they want along with building a lot of my own supplies. It's been a fantastic learning curve this year!

#9 ·
1. Jim Lion for commercial experience translated into words
2. Old Timer (Viejillo) for queen rearing expertise and defender of the inspiring commercial beekeepers.
3. MB and MP for overall knowledge and enjoyable sharing will
4. Mark Berninghausen for not being afraid of talking well informed about issues.

I know I am missing a few, but thanks to you guys for sharing what you share. There is a lot of us out here sitting behind a computer screen just absorbing your knowledge and implementing on the field wherever possible; thanks again for being good teachers.

#13 ·
My nominees, In no particular order. Oldtimer and Michael Palmer, the guys I consistently learn the most from. Barry (fearless leader) always the right post at the right moment. Mike Bush, a wealth of knowledge especially for the inexperienced and occasionally for the experienced. Keith Jarrett in the western division with some awesome insights about California beekeeping. Herb (where have you gone) and Mark for great insights in the eastern division. Leaving out some great folks, no doubt. And in a whole different yet to be named category, I nominate Acebird for never letting the forum get dull.

#24 ·
Jim Lyon, Roland, Old Timer,Keith Jarrett, Lauri, Harry Vanderpool, Sqkcrk, Ron Householder, The Fat Bee Man, and both Mikes. I know I missed a few but this is a good start. Also there are a lot of people on here that contribute little snippits here and there that diserve a big thank you also.

#29 ·
contributions have lead to their names being permanently tied with the concept they introduced here.

"Mountain Camp" - the founder of the "Mountain Camp Method"

"D Coates" - the desiginer of "D Coates 5 frame nucs" (4 nucs from a single sheet of plywood).

Are there any other nominations?
I'm still thinking on that one ,contributions have lead to their names being permanently tied with the concept they introduced here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.