Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello from north pole alaska

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  mntransplant 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,
Well i finally decided to get off my butt and try this for real. Im originally from Minnesota but moved to Alaska a few years ago. Im not sure how this is all going to work out but i really want to give it a whirl. Im the first person in my family to do this since my great-grandfather had a good bee operation in Harding Mn. Excited yet, nervous that i'll do something wrong. I dont want to kill the bees. Best of luck to everyone! Also i just have to say that this website is my primary source of info right now. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME OUT!: applause:

#2 ·
Welcome

Welcome to the source!!!!
I know of few beek up in GODS country aka AK. Anchortown has a guy on this site and I have know others in Homer just no one up near you. Dont know the guys in Anchorages name. Heard its been chilly up there but maybe not for you. Lots of info here. Good Luck

#8 ·
True adventurer

Hey everyone,
Well i finally decided to get off my butt and try this for real. Im originally from Minnesota but moved to Alaska a few years ago. applause:
Oh so it wasn't cold enough for you in Minnesota! :)

Thank for joining. You have a couple other beeks who come here from time to time in your neck of the wood. I think Allen Dick may be one.

Please keep us aprised of all your exploits (on bees in bee blogs and on other matters in the coffee clatch). We would espeically enjoy stories about barely surviving Grizzley or moose attacks, digging out from under an avalanche or being lost in the wilderness for weeks @ say 35 below eating nothing but snow and tree bark! :)

We are an adventurous bunch and it's fun to live vicariously through the exploints of others who actually take the dive off the deep end.(No derogatory intended! :) )

#10 · (Edited)
Holy smokes. North Pole, Alaska. As a native, lifelong Southern Californian, I'm embarassed to say I didn't even know such a place actually existed, much less that there would be "lots to do." Outside of taking potshots at Santa, of course:)

Welcome--- and, as a personal favor, I'd love it if you ever had a chance to take a representative picture or two of North Pole and posted them on the Coffee Klatch. I'd be fascinated.

You'll have to excuse me now, I gotta go put on a sweater. It must be under sixty degrees out there tonight.

#12 ·
???

as a personal favor, I'd love it if you ever had a chance to take a representative picture or two of North Pole and posted them on the Coffee Klatch. I'd be fascinated. QUOTE]

What is that? Now i feel stupid, I"ve never heard of that. Can ya throw me a clue? I would be more than happy to put some pics of my home town up. Especially when the thermometer reads -60.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.