Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Robert Russell Apiaries - Update

204K views 407 replies 96 participants last post by  AstroBee 
#1 ·
I wanted to let everyone know some of the information that I discovered while trying to figure out who stole my hives. Robert Russell is running a big scam. He was going by the name Rob hughes on the phone and in person saying that rob hughes was Roberts employee and crew chief. He is very good at this and always referred to Robert as "Doc" in the third person. He even sent me PM's stating Rob was in Florida running their bees there and he was all over the country tending bees. I discovered this after the sheriffs office showed me a mug shot of Robert Russell and it was the same person I had been working with calling him self rob hughes. I personally do not believe he has more than a few hive and does not have all these different strains. Any strains he does have must of came from his fathers operation. The sheriff's office also told us he was charged in Philadelphia MS with taking someones money for bees and never delivering them. I believe most of the people working for him and running his "Russell apiaries family" sites also know all this. I would recommend anyone with orders with anyone associated with Robert Russell cancel them. The man is a dishonest crook. I speculate but have no proof that he was taking my bees all year long and selling them as nucs with phillip butts, one of his "employees"

#322 ·
Re: Robert Russell is a fraud

This is the reply from the Fannin county Prosecutor on my letter about Russell. Not his Job!

I would suggest that due to the nature of your recent correspondence, that you contact the Mississippi Department of Agriculture and ask to speak to someone in the criminal/investigative division.
Sent from my iPhone

#324 ·

This could turn into the latest conspiracy scandal!!!!! We've had Watergate, Monicagate, Camillagate, and now....

HONEYGATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I wonder who would be in the better position to make a deal if there is a "conspiracy"? A guy in jail who has a lot of reasons to spill his guts and bring down the whole ship, crew and all; or a guy on the outside who may be considered a smaller fish that could work a pretty good deal so they can get the big fish out of the pool?

The plot thickens.....

#326 ·

> Seems kind of familiar, don't you think?

Are you confused as to which person the "Robert" refers to? :scratch: There's over 325 posts in this thread, including links to a photo and arrest reports!

Perhaps you think it would be more appropriate if he was referred to as "Mister" Russell? :lookout:

#330 ·

> Seems kind of familiar, don't you think?

Are you confused as to which person the "Robert" refers to? :scratch: There's over 325 posts in this thread, including links to a photo and arrest reports!

Perhaps you think it would be more appropriate if he was referred to as "Mister" Russell? :lookout:
Well, yeah. Is Barry refering to Robert Russel, the subject of this Thread? The alledged "fraud"? If so, I would think it prudent not to call him by his first name because that implies that the person refering to him knows him on a first name basis. Like Barry knows me. Barry and I have actually met and he has trusted me w/ a sizeable chunk of money in check form and a valuable item which I delivered to him. That's how Barry Birkey and Mark Berninghausen know each other other than simply via beesoiurce communications.

Whereas calling Robert Russell "Miister Russell" could be misconstrued as being respectful the comments precewding and following would clear that up. Calling him Dr. Russell has been established somewhat as grossly inaccurate, so I would not suggest doing that except in a mocking manner, which is against the rules on beesource.

I'm sorry if I have kicked a hornets nest here. Just sayin'. Robert Russell or Mr. Russell or "That scoundrel ..."

#329 ·

I hope we all continue to retain at least a modicum of responsibility and seriousness about this issue.

We have someone that many of us have done business with possibly going to jail and who's family faces some serious challenges

We have beekeepers that have been defrauded of their hard earned money, we have sub-producers that lost their investment and whose reputations have been damaged by their association with RA.

We have the father that worked hard his entire life to build a solid reputation only to have it dragged through the mud by his son.

We have the original poster that lost over 200 hives.

I ask that we all remember to be respectful of how serious this situation is and how many innocent people have been and will be affected.

Al

#331 ·

I hope we all continue to retain at least a modicum of responsibility and seriousness about this issue.

We have someone that many of us have done business with possibly going to jail and who's family faces some serious challenges

We have beekeepers that have been defrauded of their hard earned money, we have sub-producers that lost their investment and whose reputations have been damaged by their association with RA.

We have the father that worked hard his entire life to build a solid reputation only to have it dragged through the mud by his son.

We have the original poster that lost over 200 hives.

I ask that we all remember to be respectful of how serious this situation is and how many innocent people have been and will be affected.

Al
Any possible way of knowing how many and how much? Just curious. Mr. Russell sent me three queens for free, so I haven't lost any money on him. Maybe he hoped I would order queens from him. All three were accepted, but none made much honey. I don't really know if they are still alive or not. Maybe they are somewhere out there amongst all the others.

#333 ·

A while back, I signed up with whatshisname's website, just to see what was going on over there. Never posted, no info on my profile. Now I'm getting spam.

lilianlove sent you a message on Russell Apiaries

--------------------
Subject: HELLO

comfort_abbas@yahoo.com

Hello

I saw your profile today and it was so good to me.you know that i am interested to be your friend first.please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address, (comfort_abbas@yahoo.com)i will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures OK. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress(comfort_abbas@yahoo.com) as you know

there is no age,race,color n religion bar when it comes to know each other,

cares Comfort.

--------------------

To reply to this message, follow the link below:

Fourth total, third one from this particular sender. I never trust anyone with a Yahoo address anyway. ;)

#340 ·

Does that make beesource the exception or the rule?
I would like to think it is largely because of the efforts of our dear Barry and the preponderance of responsible users regulating the spammers. But that's just me, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. Barry has no compunctions about dealing with bad actors.

#342 ·

-snip- I wonder if he is selling email addresses?
No, the messages are coming through the PM network, but obviously unmoderated.
It is likely an attack on the web site where the person registers then turns the bot loose (sometimes a week or two or months later). I had to block whole regions of the globe to get it to stop while admin on a website. I'm sure Barry does something similar. :)

#345 ·

Apperntly I looked lonely, because I got two today as well. I am not holding out much hope for my queens delayed to this spring. To bad, I liked what I got in 2011.

#351 ·

Man, I hope this works out for everybody involved, including RRussell. He's a young fellow to have dug such a deep hole and there's a lot of good folks who need to get this matter settled so they can let go of some pent up anger that ain't good for them.

I've made comments both jokingly and seriously about this situation but from here on out I'm going to refrain from commenting on this situation *unless* it is something positive for all concerned.

I'm back to beekeeping. :)

My prayers and best wishes to all,...
Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.