Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

You really can't ever get out of this business, once started!

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  KQ6AR 
#1 ·
I sold 500 frames of Permacomb foundation a few years ago because I wanted out of the honeybee business. To hot in Texas, too dry in summers, mosquitoes, ticks, to many good reasons to get out after retiring. I still have two strong hives going into winter this year, and was wanting to take off some honey. I have searched the forums, and FAQ, but found nothing on the uncapping tool needed to open the PC cells with. I had, but sold a jig that had independent spiked roller wheels, with a handle to push back and forth, to uncap the honey cells. Is there something better, or what do you call that jig, so I can order another one?

#2 ·
I think you are describing the "Hackler Honey Punch", which I saw ads kicking around about 5-7 years ago. I haven't seen anything about it since. I often thought I would like to try one out, but never got one. I have never dealt with Permacomb, but it seems a cappings scratcher would work fine. Wish you the best.

#5 ·
Yes , that's what I use , I set mine on high and just don't heat any one area too long.
And I have no cappings to deal with.
I tried to get a hackler honey punch , and it seems he isn't making anymore.
I guess you could try phoning him.

3856 Magrath rd.

Bellingham, WA98226map

Phone:
(360) 739-8748

www.plastools.com

Jeff Hackler, owner, updated this company profile on 11/08/2011

#6 · (Edited)
don't have any personal knowledge of this 'hackler honey punch' but it looks remarkably like a roller device used for small scale agitation of heather honey. A search of a few online European supply houses should show some examples, but I doubt the shipping etc would make it a viable option...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.