Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Queen catcher clips

27K views 69 replies 38 participants last post by  Cliffton Leverett 
#1 · (Edited)
I have the opportunity to purchase 1000 queen catcher clips. I can offer these to others for a min order of 10 at the cost of about $1.60 each that includes all postage etc. Price at this time is estimate and subject to change if the cost to me changes.

Here is a picture of the type of queen catcher.
Product Transparency Glass

I don't need 1000 clips so am looking for others that are interested in them. If I get enough interest I will order them and let anyone that shows interest in this thread know when I have them.

List do far

Members from another group 125 or more
This group 90 or so
Total so far 215
My-smokepole 10
fieldsofnaturalhoney 5 (offer is for a box of 10. I will contact you on this though)
NorthwestQueens 10
mtndewluvr 10
Charlie B 15
bhfury 10
EastSideBuzz 20
bevy's honeybees 10

See less See more
#10 ·
Shipping will be Priority flat rate small box for $5.40 I am rolling the cost of pay pal fees into it all and it works out to $16.12 total for 10 clips. $6.12 of that is postage and pay pal fees per order. Orders for more than 10 I will have to figure out. The pay pal fee does not work out the same per clip and the postage will go up.

I am guessing at how many clip will fit in a flat rate box as well. So I hope I can get 10 of them in that box.

#16 ·
The original post will no longer allow me to edit it. So I cannot add updates.

So far I have 120 clips spoken for from this group and 125 from Beekeepers forums dot com. For a total of 245.

It will take me a while to get them ordered. so set tight.

#18 ·
dixie, I have a list on my computer with everyone's name on it. yours included.

It looks like I will be able to place the order next Thursday or Friday. It takes a few days to get sent to me maybe a week. and then I will be contacting those that posted here with information on how to place an order and make payment.

Pay Pal sorts out the whole username real name confusion. If a payment clears and it has an address with it. the order ships.

#20 ·
A word or two of caution when using multiple catchers at one time. I imagine you will number each catcher. This is obvious. Now the important part. When moving from Nuc to Nuc catching queen do not make the mistake I once made. It takes time to remove every last nurse bee so I just left a few in with the queen. When I looked in the box these few nurse bees had slipped into the neighboring caught queen and were stinging her to death. So the solution is to remove all nurse bees or provide a holding area where the nurse bees cannot slip out and move right into a nearby catcher. Love these catchers--this is the easiest and safest way to move queens I've found.

#28 ·
Everyone up to Mbeck has been added to the list.
I was told that the Chinese New Year may interfere with this order. That will delay shipment until February 16th if that is so. In a nut shell this is a busy time of year because many people are aware of the problem with the New Year so their shipping department is behind on getting orders out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.