Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Bees are Back in the fence!... should I tell him Told Ya SO????

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Bsweet 
#1 ·
Happy Spring all!
Last year I 'tried' to help a neighbor with bees in his fence (actually the area below his fence) and did not put a trap out on it as I was busy learning, catching swarms and trying easier trap outs. Before I got to his area he told me the bees were gone. I told him to open up the area, clean it out and seal it up really well or the bees would be back. Of course he did not listen to me and guess what? His wife just emailed to me to please get rid of their bees because they are back!

Ha, ha....maybe, just maybe this year I will be able to make a trap out that works! My others did not; not because of the design but because of user error (me)! Of course if I trap out the bees what do I do with them since they are so close to my house? :shhhh:

#5 ·
You can set up your trap without eggs and remove the the box of bees and add to a weak hive or you can use aggs and they will make a queen, there is another type of trap setup that is reported to catch the queen as well. Just depends on how you set the trap. In most cases the queen will leave the colony and fly right past the trap hive. Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.