Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Packaging Bees In Patterson Georgia, VIDEO

10K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Mbeck 
#1 ·
This week we traveled to Patterson, Georgia to package up about 100 packages and bring them north. We took a video of our day.

We traveled down on Monday to visit JJ's Honey, owned by Jerome Jones, to pick up about 200 bee packages. We got a chance to work the yard with him, a new learning opportunity.

Here is the link to the post:

http://dchoneybees.blogspot.com/2013/03/making-bee-packages-in-georgia-video.html

#4 ·
get Kieth to watch it, he doesn't belive it can be done this way.......at least not fast....
with all due respect........ that is painfully slow.

this week were shaking every day we hope to shake 10-15,000 lbs by the 15th of April. Phil (aka honey4all) is averaging a 1000lbs a day when he shows up if the help doesn't get lost. :)

#10 ·
Didn't say his crew was fast, but there are several out there that are....... Didn't and don't really care how one shakes packages, you were the one last year that called my statement a falshood... FYI Mikes, Roberts and Hardemans crews average a package a minute for a 3 4 man crew........

#9 ·
Well, to the extent there are politics in everything, I'm in a bit of a disagreement even here locally!

Who thought, when we try to do what's right, minutia would impose on the endeavor. Very funny. Let's all take our bee winnings to the bank, so that we don't hit the overdraw limit....

#16 ·
When you resell them how do you advertise them?

Weight? Volume ? Potluck?

Looks like clearly a guess on the weight?

What percentage are drones? Most of the ones coming out of Norcal are drone free....... Least ours are.

Nothing like the sound of a bunch of angry bees getting beat to death in the background of a video to give a guy the chills!

Always a fine line between production and beating the crud out of a hive I guess?

One thing for sure............ its a simple system........... Wam-bam-thank-you-mam.

Next please.

#21 ·
Thanks for posting your experience.
Where do they get there package cages?
How about the syrup cans? Do they make them?

Yes Mr.Jarrett would you please share!
I'd love to see your method.
A video of shaking hives might be a good Nutra-Bee promotion. (As the first one to name your product in this thread do I win a prize)
Pm me the name of the "get them moving juice" if you can't share that publicly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.