Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Russian Uncapper

6K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  sweetas 
#1 ·
Awhile back there were some posts on here showing some links to videos on YouTube regarding a Russian uncapping system using a very simple uncapper laid on an angle, with open blades that you slid the frame of honey over and it did a very nice job of uncapping one side at a time. As I recall there were a few threads on this site but I can't seem to find them anymore. I would like to know if anyone in the states has ever purchased one or attempted to make one. I don't know if they are sold by any manufacturer.

#2 ·
I would be very interested in one of these also, I think this is what you are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrqZ6lTQsF8&list=PL0E610FD43E3237C8

There are others that have hot water or steam hoses connected to the blades also. I've spent at least an hour searching videos to find this again. I think this one looks very simple to make if you were the handy type of person. Is there anyone out there that could make these? I'd be interested in purchasing one myself also.

#6 ·
MBeck

I couldn't get your video to load? Ray thank you for searching for that link. That one is very similar to the previous video that was posted on YouTube. This one is wood and as I recall the other unit was metal framed and it did have a heating source for the knives. We need to get someone who speaks Russian to post a few threads on some other sites to inquire if these are available anywhere. I'll keep looking.

#8 ·
Ray

Great links to the videos. How are you finding these anyways?? This gives me a great idea on what might be available. If you find anymore please send me a link I'd appreciate it.

#9 ·
I just searched and searched throughout youtube the other day, spent most of the afternoon. I had found them in the past, but had not saved or bookmarked the locations, but now I do have them saved. A couple of them look like they would not be too hard to design and make, I may take up the project in the future. The hardest part I can see is how to make the blade. One of those vids looked like the blade MIGHT have been made out of wood. It sure does look like a quick easy way to uncap frames of honey!

#11 ·
those look like they could save a LOT of time, however I am noticing 1 thing that may cause an issue, the frames in these videos are straight as to where the one we(I) use are smaller/curved in at the bottom.

I am just thinking, thats not good when you get to know me, if the are smaller/curved in at the bottom would you cut deeper into the comb, or even miss caps at the bottom?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.