Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

worst spot you have been stung.

10K views 45 replies 42 participants last post by  Sasha 
#1 ·
opps forgot were I was.

#2 ·
Last night I got up because of my cold ( not sharing as you don't want it anyways) and turned on some late show with a guy named Feurgeson who I have never watched previously. Kind of old for the target demographic I can attest. He was joking about being from Scotland and the ( his) Lochness Monster. You can see where this is going.

Has happened two times in 33 years. Sure am glad this thread is not by those who keep Black widows or brown recluses as a hobby or professionally. If it had I'm sure the outcome would have been different. Not something I recommend it with bees either. Got over it in the long run but as Longfellow once wrote in a lament about his similar beekeeping experience : "When humpy gets a little lumpy the old man gets a little grumpy after a few nights of no lucky........." If Barry doesn't lurk on this thread He must be on vacation. This is going to get interesting.

#6 ·
Having been stung pretty much everywhere myself as well, one in particular stands out indelibly in my memory. I was wearing some ragged old sneakers in the extracting room and got stung underneath my little toenail, it felt like a needle had been jammed in and the pain lingered for a long time. I will agree with Mike, in the nose is probably the worst, however, a case could be made........

#10 ·
Working on a removal, about 15ft up, and took one directly into my tear duct. I had worn my veil during the entire removal and was wrapping up, took my veil off and was reminded that they were not appreciative of my tampering. Felt very fortunate that it missed the eye, that could have been life changing.

#16 ·
I can't speak of a nose yet, but my worst was right over my eye. I was giving a talk at a farm where I have some of my hives and was going into one hive to get some drones in a queen clip to show them a "real life example" that can't sting, well as I was putting my stuff behind the hive and one came around and started to get my shoulder so I flung it off of my shirt (stupid me) as I was looking at it and she got me right in the spot just below my eye brow. So As I gave my talk about 1/2 hr later I could show them another "real life example" of what a sting will do. That night and the next day my wife had to drive because I couldn't open my eye. (Immagine the looks I got from folks at church)

#23 ·
I been stung everywhere and have had several FBLP events. That is full blown linear panics. So I am no super tough guy, there is a time to get out of there and regroup. That said, had one crawl in my sweaty waxy ear canal and get her wings glued. The buzzing and rattling and the scurrying of little feet do wonderful things to the mind. She couldn't bend to plant the stinger, but it was wondrous anticipation! Been Buco years but that one is well remembered and I would not like a replay anytime soon. Most painful has happened several times. When blowing nose, remove bees from handkerchief! Nothing has ever hurt me more than stings into the bridge between my nostrils. I will take five on any part you wanna mention before I want stung there again. It just don't hurt that terrible bad there--at least me.

#37 ·
I had the exact same ear canal experience last summer, and I would take any sting over that creepy feeling. I could feel her crawl all the way down the canal. My wife was with me, and I asked her to get it out of my ear. She couldn't see it. After about 10 seconds suddenly I could feel the bee reverse and slowly crawl out. I don't think the bee was angry, just exploring, but what an experience. That's what ya call getting the e-BEE-g-BEES!

Luke

#26 ·
Yeah the testicles ain't a good place,,,the dang itching afterwards is a little embarassing when you are in mixed company. My 9 year old boy told me it looked like I was doing the pee pee dance. As far as the most painful I gotta go with the majority ,,,, the septum or nose in general.

#28 ·
Scrotum, definitely. I was wearing light shorts under my suit and I was squatting down to look at something so the fabric was pulled tight.

It wasn't the pain, it was the days of swelling and itching. Beekeeping is a hobby for me, so I walking around my day job with something the size of a baseball between my legs for a couple days, itching constantly, was less than fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.