What keeps honey from getting runny in lotions?

Default What keeps honey from getting runny in lotions?

I have used honey on my skin for cuts,burns,blemishes, etc. It works great but once it gets warm on my skin, it starts to run and eventually gets so thin that it drips.
    Does anyone know of a natural additive I could use to prevent this? Thanks. J

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: What keeps honey from getting runny in lotions?

Thinking this belongs in Products Of The Hive....
    Last edited by Rader Sidetrack; 01-07-2018 at 08:10 PM. Reason: OK ... Moved thread

What's your recipe? Never made any lotions but do make lip balm which may be similar. Some lotions recipes use two parts oil and one part bees wax. Increase wax content to make it firmer. Not sure if you can mix honey in oil or wax.

You might also look up soap recipes, some have hardeners added to them, some also use honey.

Thanks Flower. I have just put raw, solidified honey on myself. So, I don't have a recipe and that's what I am looking for. The only thing I have made from my hives was wood butter for preserving wood cutting boards and I made that with wax and coconut oil. I will check out the soap recipes. Looking for something that I can use so the main ingredient is honey, yet it doesn't run once it gets warm. Thanks for the help.
    For those who may not have tried honey on your skin, I want you to try it. I am a middle aged man that is not too concerned about how I look, but I have used honey on cuts and blemishes and it seems to heal the skin quicker. We all know that it is a natural antibiotic, but I was a bit skeptical as is my nature. But my nurse daughter told me that they are now using a honey based ointment in the hospital for burns and infected skin areas and it is working well. J