Simple Harmony Farms uncapper - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Simple Harmony Farms uncapper

Well I pulled the trigger and bought one. It is well built, seems like it will last a long time. The weak link I think is the large rubber O ring that is used as a tensioner. The good thing is it will be easy to change out and will be cheap to replace. I'll let you know this spring how it works.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by noljohn View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger and bought one..
    Great! I’ve the ML uncapper that it supposedly sits on, so an unbiased opinion is certainly welcome. If it performs, I’ll buy one.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by JWPalmer View Post
    He tells you in the video that he a gets a portion of each sale. Truthfully, I don't put much faith in in an endorsment where the endorser hasn't actually used the product. Anybody can say, "Hey, looks great. Ought to work well." That and five dollars will get you a coffee at Starbucks.
    yep, more than one way to make money in the bee biz

Quote Originally Posted by Branman View Post
    Seems like he either got one sent for free for the review, or he was paid to endorse.
    The first video he did I kind of wondered about that since he's a hands on - in the bee yard kind of guy, but when he had the second video which was the same format (showing and talking about a product) I really wondered if he was getting paid for the endorsement. Which is fine, good for Don. Other people who get products typically state at the beginning that so and so sent them a product for an unbiased review, that they're getting paid or not getting paid, etc. I figured he wasn't going to use it since harvest season had passed which made it come off a little shady. If it works it works, looks like a simple solution to uncapping, just need someone who has put it through its paces for a more informed review.
    Zone 5a @ 4700 ft. High Desert
    Beekeeping Facebook Page

I bit the bullet and ordered one today. Certainly a cheaper option for me than the more expensive powered units provided it works as well as it looks on the video. Girl I spoke with said it would ship tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
    Trying to age gracefully, don't think its working!!

My uncapper came today. I'm pretty impressed, seems very well built as well as a simple design. Extracting season is a long way off but I am looking forward to trying it out.
    Trying to age gracefully, don't think its working!!

Has anyone tried this uncapper with frames with wax foundations? What results did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo Gomes View Post
    Has anyone tried this uncapper with frames with wax foundations? What results did you have?
    The uncapper is so new that unfortunately it appears no one has had the opportunity to use it yet on any frames. In speaking with the manufacturer, it does not do all that well on old brood frames that were subsequently used for honey. Then again, my hot knife has a difficult time with them.
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the ProVap 110
    OA Vaporizer. The fastest vaporizer on the market!

I am dying to know how they work... I'm just hoping someone in the southern hemisphere got their hands on one
    Ask two beekeepers, get three answers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12