My ghetto II station - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: My ghetto II station

Quite possibly that the changed in hormones will confused the workers. There was one day that
    she did not lay. Either find a better way to not stress her out and then isolate her afterward or do it
    right the first time.
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BeeSource.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by beepro View Post
    So can I re-do the II the 2nd time after the 48 hours?
    She's not laying now since her abdomen is till fat up. Maybe she needed more time to
    prepare the semen to migrate to the spermatheca?
    The drone laying queen would need to be caged long enough for her abdomen to of shrunk back to the size of a virgin queen and be free of any eggs.

Oh well, this queen already laid the worker eggs and then the drone eggs afterward. I say she is not a
    free eggs laying queen anymore. Maybe this was my mistake for not letting her abdomen to shrink down first. Or
    it could be that she can never be eggs free anymore. Anyways, let this one to be the future re-II reference then.
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Oh well, this queen already laid the worker eggs and then the drone eggs afterward. I say she is not a
    free eggs laying queen anymore. Maybe this was my mistake for not letting her abdomen to shrink down first. Or
    it could be that she can never be eggs free anymore. Anyways, let this one be the future re-II reference then.

Keep at it with your II projects Beepro, practice makes perfect as they say.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234