Default Bee's moving in ????

Here is a video i took of a swarm trap i got set up. Lots of bee's and saw some fighting. Didn't see any pollen coming in but i did see small black ants when i peaked inside. Question is will the bee's still move in with Ant's? and Should i close off that top entrance on the side? They seem to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLf-QJG_5iE

Default Re: Bee's moving in ????

Depending on the amount of ants inside, it may well be the deciding factor if the bees take up resdience in their new diggs or not. Bees want an easy,peasy home to move into. Wait a week or two to make sure pollen is being brought in. Then wait another week (or two) to take it down.

Kind of frustrating every trap I put up seems to get a lot of ants. Only thing I have in them is a little brood comb. The traps in the video is in a Pinetree. What a mess the bees up if I was to move it away from the tree.

I've never had good luck when ants (or tree frogs) have taken up residence. For my $.02, evict any current ants and close off the upper entrance if the ants are using it. If that doesn't stop them or give the bees time to occupy the box, I'd go to stronger measures.
    “The single biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” -George Bernard Shaw

I just caught a swarm and the trap had more ants then I have seen in one place in my life. I had a feed sack for an inner cover and it was just full of little cocoons. The swarm moved in and I transfered then the next day. I had the bees yesterday checking out a trap hard that still had part on a mouse nest that you could see through the entrance when looking.
    Cheers
    gww
    Cheers
    zone 5b