Default Collecting trapped bees during the day???

If I collect a trapped swarm a day or three after they have moved in, what percent am I going to be leaving behind? I check my swarm traps almost every day or two but getting them at night has become, as it does every year, quite cumbersome. I always put another trap in the location I remove one from so those left behind may have a roof over their heads but will have to find another place to go. I don't want to leave a frame of eggs and larvae behind because this will make the trap no longer a trap. Is waiting until dark the only way that I'll get home with the lions share of the original swarm? I guess a rainy day might work too but it would have to be really pouring for a long time given the flow that's now on. The bees are flying in the rain these days. Thanks
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.

Default Re: Collecting trapped bees during the day???

How about dawn before the leave? That would leave a very small percent (the overachievers who couldn't wait to forage) behind
    Please excuse me, I am now free to go manage & treat ;)
    my ladies the best way I know how.

I have heard you can leave the top off and bees coming back will stay at the hive. You can collect quite a few in an hour or so. Just what I heard. Never tried it.

Thanks. We had a large amount of rain recently so I grabbed them during the storm.
    "Challenger" as in the Mopar muscle car. Not a personality description .
    Keeping bees to raise money for chordoma.