Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who makes the best frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Foster Collins View Post
    I've heard that Betterbee/Humble Abodes are great. Anyone compared those with Mann Lake?
    Yes, I had about 200 ML frames and foundation from them as well. I had to trim all of the foundation to fit! Humble abodes is an hour drive so that's where I get most of my equipment now. It is very good quality!

anyone know who sells foundationless frames besides Kelley's. Betterbee is too pricey.
    Started April Fools Day 2017. 2 colonies, The plan, to be TF and foundationless.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeRoger View Post
    If you use the Mann Lake frames you should buy Mann Lake foundation as it is a bit shorter than everyone else's foundation to fit the thicker bottom bar they use. As a side note the Mann Lake foundation fits poorly in everyone else's frames due to being a bit short. Bought several cases last year during their sale and fought them all spring as they barely fit into the bottom bars. I also put extra glue on the top bars to fill the saw groove of the wedge frames.
    \

I agree 100 percent here! I fought it too. Wish I had known...now all of you know!
    Bee a blessing to God and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    In my experience, Kelley has the worst fitting/milled wood frames out there. Their level of precision is quite a bit lower than the other manufacturers.
    It never used to be that way when Walter T ran the company! Theirs matched anyone elses in quality.
    Bee a blessing to God and others.

Walter was a beekeeper. Enough said.
    NW Alabama, 47 years, 22 colonies and growing, sideliner, treatment free since 2005, 14 frame square Dadant broodnest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123