Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: So...are we all done with small cell craze?

> So...are we all done with small cell craze?

I'm not.

http://www.bushfarms.com/beessctheories.htm
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 42y 40h 39yTF

Thanks for your response. I have a shallow super on top, so I can't put a frame from the box below. Since I rescued these bees, the queen isn't marked. I know she is working hard, but I have a hard time finding her. I also don't have an excluder, since a lot of people on this site don't recommend using one. I think I'll order one with my next order.
    I have another deep box with the same waxed plastic foundation. If necessary, I will swap out the super if they aren't using it, and move a frame of brood into the deeper box, and go from there. Wish me luck

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
    I'm of the opinion it is still useful but not for preventing varroa. I wrote up something about it a week ago that is worth reading. It is in this thread about half way down the page. http://www.beesource.com/forums/showthread.php?333873
    Either small cells or narrow frame spacing leads to faster Spring build-up, and doing both enhances the effect - interesting idea and makes sense. Thanks for sharing.
    --shinbone
    (7th year, 10 hives, Zone 5b, 5500')

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12