Default Decrystallization question

If I have jars and plastic bottles that have crystalized, should they be heated when still sealed. Or do you open the seal?
    www.facebook.com/hives2honey Oxalic Vaporizers, supplement and more!!!!!! Check me out.

Default Re: Decrystallization question

leave them sealed and set them in a sunny window or dash of the car
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Or make a warming box. Over time you will use it.

We tried several methods on plastic bears with sealed lids. Microwave melts the plastic bottles.
    No matter what method we tried the seals sort of weaken and aren't attached like if they were never heated.
    Had a bad habit of putting labels on as we bottled so we tried to figure out a way to gently heat bears or glass canning jars of honey to clear them up. (water is no good if you have labels on already)
    That's when one of us got the idea of using our electric blanket. It works but you need to be patient. 12-24 hours which meant we had to keep turning the blanket on. It has a safety timer. Next thing we tried is using a camping cooler and a heating pad.
    Put the pad on the bottom and set the bottles on top then close it up. We ran ours on medium. It gets about 140 F.
    That's the best way we can come up with. It clears up the crystallized bears overnight. We even used it on chunk honey successfully.
    Internet credibility is an oxymoron

Along those same lines, does anyone know the magic temperature that will decrystallize chunk honey (comb honey with extracted honey poured over it)? It would have to be warm enough to melt crystals but cool enough to not deform the comb.

Thanks for the help. I have glass and plastic, so all this info helps. I appreciate it.
    www.facebook.com/hives2honey Oxalic Vaporizers, supplement and more!!!!!! Check me out.

We have one of those cheap oil heaters, walmart etc for 39 dollars. I turn it on low, put a large cardboard box over it, stack the honey near it. The temperature stays (on low) in the range of 105-115. The bottles that were solid crystals, (plastic) took 2 days to become total liquid. We do turn it off over night for safety reasons.
    It does not seem to bother the seals or the labels. Looks like you just bottled it.
    Zone 6b: 10 hives in Maryland, 8 Carniolan 2 swarm mutts: Still learning - started bees spring of 2014.

What My-smokepole says

this is what I use it holds 2 buckets
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape