...that I scare myself.
This past fall I thought I'd be a clever beekeeper and consolidate 12 so-so hives into 5 nice strong hives. This left me with about 4 boxes of frames with honey and pollen and decent comb that just didn't fit into my 5 hives. My solution was to stack everything into one empty hive. I sprayed all the frames with Bt-A. Oh and I added the extra sugar blocks on top--about 5 of them if memory serves. Then I sealed everything up tight and left it all sitting in an open slot on one of my benches. Since then our coldest night was about 19 degrees, so everything got a good freezing to kill off any moths.
Today things are warming up nicely so I decided it was time to review what assets I have available and make some plans for the new season. LOLOL This is where the dumb part comes in.
Apparently I did not seal things up as well as I thought I did. Everything has been robbed out--the honey, the pollen, and even the comb! All that is left are empty frames of plastic foundation. They even stole the 5 sugar blocks! Seeing those blocks gone made me think they must really be starving to have eaten their own blocks and had to go out and steal more. Nope. I checked. They haven't even started on their own sugar blocks.
I guess it's more fun to go steal stuff than use what you've already got sitting right there in front of you.
The longer I keep bees the more I realize that I know NOTHING about them!