Thumbs Up Hello! from the Philippines. This would be the start of my beekeeping journey :)

I'm happy to find this Forum. Please bear with me as I'm new to beekeeping. I just got enrolled in a beekeeping class here in our country and I'm excited to share my learnings. More power to beekeepers!

Default Re: Hello! from the Philippines. This would be the start of my beekeeping journey :)

Mabuhay
    and Welcome

Default Re: Hello! from the Philippines. This would be the start of my beekeeping journey :)

Welcome and good Luck

Welcome to the forum...enjoy the journey!

Quote Originally Posted by Muy Muyen View Post
    I'm happy to find this Forum. Please bear with me as I'm new to beekeeping. I just got enrolled in a beekeeping class here in our country and I'm excited to share my learnings. More power to beekeepers!
    Muy - how far from Manila are you?
    from the Bee House -http://ecologicalsolutions.com.au/bees/?page_id=8
    40 years - +/- 20 H - TF - Subtropical

Hi max2, about 1 to 2 hour drive. I'm from pampanga.

Welcome Muy!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome to Bee Source. It will be interesting to hear about your bee keeping experiences. Good luck.
    "Sometimes the best action, with bees, is no action at all."

welcome
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

Welcome to Bee Source, Muy!

How many hives you would like to keep after the bee class graduation?
    Is the class more of a basic beekeeping course or there is more to it like raising your own queens for
    the hive expansion?
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by beepro View Post
    Welcome to Bee Source, Muy!

How many hives you would like to keep after the bee class graduation?
    Is the class more of a basic beekeeping course or there is more to it like raising your own queens for
    the hive expansion?
    Hello beepro,

Actually I already have 2hives on my lemon farm and if my class went well, I'm planning to expand them to 10 hives for my first year.

I think the class is both basic and advance since the class has a field works and they send me the syllabus, but they didn't mentioned if they're going to teach us raising our own queens. My class would be on Feb 20'th and it would be for a week.

Actually with only a week of basic teaching I don't think you will learn much there.
    Hope the course is not too expensive either. Maybe they might have an advanced class
    for you later on with queen rearing teaching too.
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by beepro View Post
    Actually with only a week of basic teaching I don't think you will learn much there.
    Hope the course is not too expensive either. Maybe they might have an advanced class
    for you later on with queen rearing teaching too.
    Fin, I think your inbox was full

Welcome!