Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: 3D printed low cost (10 dollar) bee insemination equipment

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    In a country where people are tossed in jail for selling mexican food without blessing from the state (http://time.com/4561555/209-food-spot-facebook-ceviche/), bartering does deserve a better term.
    Add true anarchy to that in its correct context, IE, no government of largesse like we see today, then the pre-funny money type system can return.

Enjoy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVJo-3JbCdY

$225 quote from a local 3D printer.
    That is a lot cheaper than 2300 dollars for some of the top brands that have held the reigns for so long.

As the average geek get his or her hands on the free tech the prices will automatically be forced down by demand, but right now that demand is tiny when compared to the amount of beeks taking up the pass time of keeping bees.

The best way forward is forget the patent and copyright laws and get the product out there, if the new 3D gurus get busy the paradigm which is stagnated by red tape will begin to fold, here free really can mean free. Where each free dollar idea reaches fruition, things will grow exponentially to the stage where tech truly begins to work for us instead of controlling our ideas.

My designs are for everyone to use or build from, use them free without turning them into a monopoly for gain and watch the ideas grow with every new or reinvented product.

Just saying.

Yeah Blue, as soon as I can slip into this 21st century and get my arms around this CAD business I could probably get moving on some 3D work. However I cant seem to get the computer to put things on the drawing board and I have a hell of a time trying to trying to sharpen up my trackball on the pencil sharpener.
    Johno

Quote Originally Posted by Little boy blue View Post
    Add true anarchy to that in its correct context, IE, no government of largesse like we see today, then the pre-funny money type system can return.

Enjoy

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVJo-3JbCdY
    I'm there. Ready for it.

I'm not trying to take away from the OPs contribution, it's fantastic. Just too rich for my blood at the moment. Perhaps once some queens are inseminated successfully on one, I will further look into getting one made.
    Last edited by jwcarlson; 01-27-2017 at 11:00 PM.

JW, it takes time to gather your materials in order to make one.
    If the parts cost too high then simply make a slim down version of it.
    Now that the QCs incubator is finished, it is time to move on for the I.I. project.
    Ordering some I.I. parts now with some free time on my hands before the real
    queen rearing season is here. This will give me the flexibility to control over the very late mated Autumn
    Cordovan queens here. I will select the most light reddish queens and drones for my I.I. process at
    the same time go for the most mite resistant and fast build up Spring hives. Seems like the queen market
    can use some quality mite fighting Cordovan queens on this I.I. project.
    Don't mix foreign bees into a virgin hive. She might get balled 100% of the time! When will you ever learn, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Yeah Blue, as soon as I can slip into this 21st century and get my arms around this CAD business I could probably get moving on some 3D work. However I cant seem to get the computer to put things on the drawing board and I have a hell of a time trying to trying to sharpen up my trackball on the pencil sharpener.
    Johno
    I know how you feel, back in 2001 when I ventured from draughtsmans board to the computer my hands kept on reaching out for the pad and pencil which I still use from day to day.

I'm not sure what software your using but Solidworks is a really easy package to begin with, maybe your version has some lessons for beginners on you tube.

Track balls are good but the pilot is by far the best system and super smooth to use.
    Last edited by Little boy blue; 01-28-2017 at 08:07 AM.

I'm there. Ready for it.

I'm not trying to take away from the OPs contribution, it's fantastic. Just too rich for my blood at the moment. Perhaps once some queens are inseminated successfully on one, I will further look into getting one made.
    Things will change rapidly once a few 3D geeks have made up the files for getting things built. It needs to be in kit form so the end user knows how it's all put together and why certain things need or need not be added

To date, the 3D arena is not sufficiently adapt at certain aspects and components, the arms for instance are better applied by using ready made tube. To print out these parts are not cost effective and crude really.

These platforms need finesse and ease of use especially in the needle manipulator area where good husbandry and handling is needed.

Joe is definately right about the paradigm of over complexity and it's ability to actually inhibit certain traits of learning, which I aim to demonstrate in the near future, with a variety of different ideas which stem from Joe's professional outlook as a seasoned operator and my own mechanical understanding and adjustability.

Here is where experience and practical real life skills meld to bring forward a true hand to eye experience.

I LOVE my space mouse, it knocked at least a 3rd of the time it takes me to cad up something
    By far the best deal in software is Autocad Fusion 360
    http://www.autodesk.com/products/fus...FY-1wAodfP8BWQ
    Its FREE for "students, enthusiasts, hobbyists, and startups" as long as your use is sub $100K a year in sales and has a massive video tutorial collection.

Quote Originally Posted by msl View Post
    I LOVE my space mouse, it knocked at least a 3rd of the time it takes me to cad up something
    By far the best deal in software is Autocad Fusion 360
    http://www.autodesk.com/products/fus...FY-1wAodfP8BWQ
    Its FREE for "students, enthusiasts, hobbyists, and startups" as long as your use is sub $100K a year in sales and has a massive video tutorial collection.
    The space mouse is really good and by using both hemispheres of the brain together is what creates the results. It's like a heads up display on an F16 fighter jet, the eyes don't need to know what the hands are doing once they know where they are parked.

Defo the way to go for faster results.

Double entry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123