Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

The thread "Today in the Apiary" should . . .

• remain as is.

Votes: 62 44.9%
  • be divided up into individual state threads.

Votes: 76 55.1%

Your opinion

40K views 59 replies 52 participants last post by  little_john 
#1 ·
Would members like the thread "Today in the Apiary" left as is, or broken down into individual states?

#36 · (Edited)
I too think Regional would be best. This would allow us to read information that would be most appropriate for our operations. If you are on the border of your region you could easily visit your neighbor region for info as well.

Region I: New England - ME, NH, VT, CT, RI, NY, PA, MA

Region II: Mid Atlantic - DE, MD, VA, NC, NJ

Region III: Southeast - SC, GA, FL, AL, MS

Region IV: Eastern Midwest - OH, MI, IN, IL, WV

Region V: Mid States - KY, TN, MO, AR, OK, KS

Region VI: South- TX, LA

Region VII: North Central - WI, MN, ND, SD, MI/UP, IA, NE

Region VIII: Rockies - MT, WY, CO

Region IX: Southwest - NM, AZ, UT, NV

Region X: Northwest - OR, WA, ID

Region XI: California

Region XII: Alaska

Region XIII: Hawaii

These states are grouped in that they have similar hardiness zones and somewhat similar geography. They can be called whatever name you want as well, I just picked a name that I thought would describe where they are.

I realize it is not perfect. Idaho could be split east of the divide and west of the divide, I think there are five or six hardiness zones in Idaho. California could be split. Alaska has some areas that would be a lot closer to what Washington has as well.

Use it, tweek it, or throw it in the trash. Just thought I would put something together to start from.

#37 · (Edited)
:thumbsup: I'm glad I haven't voted yet. I really like this option if it's possible - nice work, Dirk. This gets my vote if for a US split. Our Canadian neighbors should also be taken into consideration but they probably already know where they would fit.

#41 ·
I don't mind it as is, because it's only the last couple of pages that are relevant (or should be). More permanent threads should be posted elsewhere.
It is getting very long, though, so some archiving might be in order.

#44 ·
I'm new here, but it would be nice to have it categorized. If you like hearing the "state of the union" so to speak from each state, you can always click. This will also allow you to gauge what's going on region wide and help new beeks dealing with localized issues/flows/timelines.

#45 ·
My vote is to leave it. Helps me get small questions answered without making a new topic. Easier to get answers when everyone can take a look, not just those in Arkansas, or are reading the Arkansas topic.

#47 ·
I dont mind this the way it is... would like a sort choice by state so I can go to the happenings in my area as well as what others are doing to combat issues, good actions, bad actions...etc. Also, I thought in the post tract that newest post would be on first page and oldest in the last?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.