Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: honey and diabeties

Let's agree on one point, Snaggy. It is no more or no less a crime nor a virtue for me to sell honey, Dr. Fessenden to sell books and you to sell medical services. It is simply part of our free market culture. I have no knowledge of Dr. Fessenden selling supplements, but he does give diabetes patients a complete coverage of information on how to beat the Metabolic Distress Syndrome, of which obesity and diabetes are but single examples amongst a host of others.

I would love to hear that you have 'The Honey Revolution" books in your waiting room, and that you personally are promoting honey as the answer to our sweetener oriented health crisis. Indeed, and that you also recommend honey for Low Blood Sugar, and teach your patients how to recognise which side of the big sugar swings they are experiencing in the moment. But alas, the tone of your remarks would indicate that you are as much against what is called alternative medicine and the shock jocks who promote their vitamins and elixrs as they are against mainstream medicine. Such is the state of things.

I am firmly onside with natural healing, and totally averse to the drug cultures, whether medicinal, recreational or agricultural and to some extent industrial. We are all over-drugged somehow, even if only with caffeine. But alcoholocis can simply quit! Smokers can do the same, but overeaters cannot simply quit. They have to learn to master their appetites and habits, rectify their chemistry and continue living a healthy lifestyle, despite still occasionally indulging in the surfeit of our times.

Honey stands out strongly against all medicaments as useful in defending ourselves from the traps of luxurious living. Honey used correctly normalises appetite and blood sugar levels. Those two points alone should prompt you to encourage your hundreds of patients to favor honey in their diet as a replacement for other sweeteners. In the longer term, honey curbs the appetite for all sweets, including honey itself, so there is every reason to use it.

Perhaps you can tell me how you view the reason modern medicine fails to inform us of the evils of Low Blood Sugar. And how is it that honey is not prescribed as the best medicine for it?

In his book, "HONEY, The Gourmet Medicine" Mr. Joe Traynor tells us that honey is the medicine without a profit margin!

I realize that if we got all your customers onto honey effectively, they would probably not need any more Insulin, and if they were half as aware of what Low Blood Sugar is doing to their long term health as what High Blood Sugar is doing to them immediately you would need to get new clients. Unless, of course, you sold them one of Dr. Fessenden's books and gave them a jar of your honey................... I am assuming you do keep a few bees, but probably give your honey away for the joy of it, whereas I being a commercial producer have this satanic need to charge them small amounts of money for it. You needen't at all to worry about the theoretical loss of your clientel, as only a percentage of them would have the resolve to completely heal themselves, but you would be so highly recommended by them to the world at large, that you would be overcome with new patients.

Your only problem then, would be the distance that would increase between you and your peers in the industry. You would then stand out in the minds of everyone who seeks healing along side Dr. Fessenden and the upcoming generation of Doctors who embrace natural healing modalities.

It strikes me that you critique Dr. Fessenden and his work having never yet read the book throughly. Yet he is one of your peers, a group you might accuse me of being antagonistic towards.

You seem to be eager to defend and contest, so please allow me to add one more challenge: If and when honey (Medicinal Grade?) is available on prescription only, how would you respond to that in the treatment of your patients?" I continue to assume that you would play the game, as there would be official support for it. Or would you continue to play down the damage done by Low Blood Sugar for fear of being seen to be profit seeking?

You used the phrase: ".....slightly different carb mix between honey and table sugar.'''''" There is nothing 'slight' about the difference between honey and other sweeteners. Don't attempt to play down the dramatic results your patients can experience if they REPLACE their excessive intake of sweeteners (and all carbs) with real honey. The simple reason that their brain is starving to death amidst that abundance of glucose is the point you are missing. If you want to be an effective healer as opposed to just dispensing computer recommendations, you need to Read Thoroughly the books in question.

If you are a beekeeper as well, I suspect you are sharp enough to step up a notch or two on what you learned in University. It will revolutionise your understanding of humanity's dilemma.

A few remarks in response to your earlier posts:

No, I do not subscribe to Dr. Fessenden's newsletter................ does he publish one? He sends me notes on book sales and specials occasionally, but at no charge for the flyer.

A conspiracy can only exist if the common intent is illegal. Legalise the intended actions and no conspiracy exists.

Honey has a high percentage of sugar, I believe that it would not be advisable for a diabetic person.

Only problem I see with that, Cindy, is that diabetics like all the rest of us cannot survive without glucose in our blood!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234