Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

North Carolina

43K views 127 replies 54 participants last post by  leadchunker 
#1 ·
Tulip poplar starting to bloom here. April 16,2005. White Clover started blooming about a week ago.

#4 ·
Sourwood in full bloom here in Western NC. It would help alot if it would QUIT RAINING!!!!!

So, that would be 7-12-05, 28909.

The best part is that when I parked the hive, I did it right underneath a Sourwood tree and didn't even know it...until yesterday, :D :D

#15 ·
Sourwood buds at last

I did a tour of the area around me yesterday and finally found what I was looking for: the sourwood trees are getting ready to open up their blooms. I was afraid the Easter freeze had killed the buds, the way it did for the tulip poplars. I think it has a little but only to a very limited extent.

Estimated first sourwood bloom date for southern NC mountains -- June 25-30

#17 ·
dandelions have been in bloom for about 3 weeks now. forsynthia (goldenrod bush) in bloom (saw one plant) zip 27983, it has been dry and warm up until the past week. we had about 1 " snow night before last ( 1-19-08 ) These plants are confused because of the warm weather. I have been told hostas had started coming up! This is crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.