Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Acorn Foundation and Waxing Options

8K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Foxhound 
#1 ·
Does any one have experience with acorn and their standard, heavy, and extra heavy waxing? If so, can you tell me your experience and costing?

#4 ·
I inquired in January and received this reply about pricing. No experience so far...
Thank you for contacting Acorn Bee

You were inquiring about our double waxed foundations

8-3/8” Double waxed foundation $1.05 ea - 100 sheets per box
5-1/2” Double waxed foundation $.80 ea 100 sheets per box

Sincerely

Nick Lissaman
Acorn Bee
877-255-6078

#13 ·
The shipping is a real killer. I could maybe stomach it at 200 pieces of foundation (based on the amount of beeswax I need to use and the time to coat each one). But it makes a big dent if you can buy about 600 pieces.
If I can buy something that works good out of the box without dinking with it. I like that.

#15 · (Edited)
There seemed to be a big demand for the plastic foundation with extra beeswax on it. We decided to start carrying Acorn's heavy wax foundation becuase it seems like the bees and beekeepers prefer it. We are switching over to only selling the double dipped stuff. A deep sheet of foundaiton has over an 1 ounce of wax on it. A medium frame has about 2/3 ounce on it. This is a really great product, so we would love it if you checked it out.

You can get an accurate shipping quote during checkout (but before payment). Thanks for looking

http://www.foxhoundbeecompany.com/langstroth-beekeeping-supplies/plastic-foundation-with-extra-wax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.