Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Bee tree removal... Pics

3K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  jaked007 
#1 ·

How do I get them in a hive body? The top fork I hollow also. Can I put a hive body on top with a hole in the bottom board? Would it be better to cut it and split the log on the log splitter?

See less See more
#4 ·
If you are in a hurry, cut it, if you are the cautious type, do a Hogan trap out.
depending on how "established" the bees are in the tree, the disturbance of moving the tree might trigger the bees to abscond. or not.
Good Luck ... CE

#9 ·
Put a trap on the tree. Harvest 2 or three colonies from the tree. Then, either leave the feral colony in the tree and harvest 2-5 colonies next year, or do a cut out of the tree and place the bees in a brood chamber.

Swarm boxes in the general area is hit or miss. A trap on the tree is a sure thing.

If you are not familiar with this style trapping, send me an e-mail, cchoganjr@scrtc.com and I will send you a 12 page document that will explain the procedure in detail and has photos of traps in progress in different stages of the trapping process. (No charge and no salesman will call.)

cchoganjr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.