Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Plastic Hive bodies?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RayMarler 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Re: Plastic Hive body's?

I have a couple of plastic supers somewhere among my honey supers. What I found with plastic supers and bottom boards is that unless or until the bees get everything well glued together they can slip rather easily.

#4 ·

I have purchased products form this company for over twenty years. Good to deal with..........

I was dead set against plastic boxes until I bought a couple of hundred hives out of the almonds last spring which contained a "large" number of the boxes ( deeps not shallows) you have listed. After handling them I have put my reservations aside. Going to buy a couple more hundred from the same guy in a week or so and hope the equipment is like last year.

#6 ·

Bb
I have purchased products form this company for over twenty years. Good to deal with..........

I was dead set against plastic boxes until I bought a couple of hundred hives out of the almonds last spring which contained a "large" number of the boxes ( deeps not shallows) you have listed. After handling them I have put my reservations aside. Going to buy a couple more hundred from the same guy in a week or so and hope the equipment is like last year.
Thanks for the feedback. I talked to Mike this morning about making the insulated panels for the mediums too, seemed like a good guy. Nice that he'll do custom colors for larger orders, could cut down on theft a bit if a guy has a unique color. Probably don't repaint easy like wood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.