Default When to remove honey supers when full of bees

I have 8 hives with several full honey supers. The hives are also full of bees. I'm concerned about removing the supers and crowding causing a swarm. I'm thinking to wait until the populations decline. However I've seen and heard of others in my area taking supers. I could swap out frames but I don't want to purchase more equipment to store the frames in. Is my plan to wait good or is there another option? Also, the flow looks done here, I haven't seen more honey in 2-3 weeks.

Default Re: When to remove honey supers when full of bees

Wow. I just drove through Murdock Sunday... twice, and twice more on Monday...

It's doubtful (but not impossible) they will swarm this late. You can wait until you get some cold nights (it was in the 50s F yesterday I think but you want it in the 40s) and you can pull the boxes with no bees in them... I would say the main flow is over, but the goldenrod and smartweed just really got started so I expect the fall flow to kick in soon. The chicory has been and still is blooming. Some of the Dutch and prairie clover is blooming again after all this recent rain and the dandelions will probably bloom again as well. I never seem to see the asters, but they should be blooming soon as well. The white sweet clover gave out about 2-3 weeks ago... as you said.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I need to find some time to get over there

I'll plan on leaving the supers on until after the fall flow and the populations decline. I do have some equipment still to handle the fall flow. Thanks!

I pulled all my honey supers this morning, but 8 billion pissed off bee's and Michael Bush's post above made me rethink, and I put on super back on each hive.
    Steve Wenger
    Gentleman farmer/9 year Bee Keeper