Thread: Lone Bee

Default Lone Bee

I do not have a Bee hive as i am yet to live in a place where i can sustain one. Yet there are some local ones in my area, just before, i was walking back to my room when i noticed a lone bee on a door frame. This is during the middle of the night and i'm wondering if this is odd behaviour or not? should i capture it and then release in tomorrow to make sure it survives or is this normal?

Default Re: Lone Bee

Sometimes bees will get caught out after dark and will shelter in place, or can be attracted to a light. Leave her alone and she will return to the hive with dawn, unless she is injured or worn out, in which case there is nothing you can do.

>I do not have a Bee hive as i am yet to live in a place where i can sustain one.

I'd bet you're yet to live in a place that can NOT sustain one...
    Last edited by Michael Bush; 08-26-2014 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typo
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

>when i noticed a lone bee on a door frame. This is during the middle of the night
    I often find one that will come to the front light at night, my hives are 50 yard from my door.
    Look around outside you may have a hive within a short distance.