Wink Cleaning combs for storage

I've got a bunch of frames that I need to remove from our kitchen freezer before my wife gets ticked off at my using up so much of her storage space. How do I get the bees to clean up the combs so I can easily remove and store them for future use, without setting the frames out in the open. I tried the open cleanup method last week, which was really stupid for city bees in the middle of a dearth: a robbing frenzy ensued that I turn had to shut down and clean up ... lots of stings involved, and not a situation I want to repeat. But now I'm trying to not wear out my welcome in our storage freezer, either, or that'll set off another bad situation. ;-)

Default Re: Cleaning combs for storage

Just put the honey supers and frames that need cleaning out back on the hives, the bees will clean them up and you can remove in a day or 2 and store them for winter. Make sure the frames if there is honey are thawed out a bit if you're removing form freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Bees View Post
    Just put the honey supers and frames that need cleaning out back on the hives, the bees will clean them up and you can remove in a day or 2 and store them for winter. Make sure the frames if there is honey are thawed out a bit if you're removing form freezer.
    Maybe put a queen excluder down below the super to be cleaned out, OC?

Set them in a hive box on top of the inner cover and put the tele. cover on top. The bees will bring it down and store in the hive. Although, if you need an extra super for them, just place it where you would a honey super you want filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Bliss View Post
    Set them in a hive box on top of the inner cover and put the tele. cover on top. The bees will bring it down and store in the hive. Although, if you need an extra super for them, just place it where you would a honey super you want filled.
    Thanks, will do!